Taking Care of Those Who Cared for Us
Giving back to those who gave so much to us, is a core principle of who we are. There is much more we can do for our seniors here in Hawaii to improve their quality of life, affordable access to quality healthcare and medication, as well as support the families of those who care for elderly family members.
As your representative I would:
– Fight for increased funding to the Executive Office on Aging, to address the growing need of caregiver support for our elderly population
– Support state programs that educate and protect our elderly from predatory criminal activities such as identity theft and fraud
– Streamline administrative services such as medicare and other state-subsidized services to improve access to our seniors
– Empower the Long-Term Care Ombudsman to ensure that our seniors in long-term care facilities are receiving fair and quality services
– Support stay-at-home caregivers such as additional tax relief, to relieve the financial burden of family members who give up full-time employment to take care of their elderly loved ones